Most of us know that cleaning a toilet can make a difference if someone is living in the RV lifestyle. Most of the people often overlook this task which is a very crucial thing. But later, they realize that how a dirty toilet spoils adventure when they find the filthy surroundings and bad smell. Just like other necessary tasks during your trip, cleaning your RV toilet will save you from inconvenience and discomfort. So, it is very important for you to know how to clean the RV toilet.
So, how can you clean your RV toilet? In this article, you are going to learn a few effective ways to clean the toilet in your RV.
Effective Ways to Know How to Clean Portable Toilet: Make Sure That Your RV Toilet Is Clean
We are going to discuss 2 effective ways of cleaning your RV toilet. Let us assure you guys that the following steps are applicable to different types of RV toilet types. So, without wasting any time let’s talk about those ways.
Deep RV Toilet Cleaning
For cleaning in this way, you have to follow the following steps-
- Wearing clean gloves: It is always more essential to wear waterproof rubber gloves when you are cleaning your toilet. Dirty toilets always contain bacteria, and you have to stay safe and clean from bacteria.
- Using a sponge to wipe over your toilet: You have to moisten a damp sponge using hot water before wiping the exterior, base, seat, lid, and tank of the bowl. You may also need other special cleaning products to remove dirt in your RV toilet.
- Using toilet cleaner for cleaning inside of the bowl: Special toilet cleaning products can easily remove rings, mineral deposits, and stains in your RV toilet. You have to apply toilet cleaner on the rim surface of the bowl and you should allow it to drip downwards.
- Scrubbing over & inside of the bowl with toilet brush: Then, you have to scrub the whole surface of the toilet bowl with a toilet brush and then spend some extra time scrubbing on stains that have taken place in the inside or outside the bowl.
- Flushing your RV toilet: Then, you have to flush your toilet to rinse the brush and bowl. You have to keep scrubbing while the water is draining inside the toilet since the motion of the water may not be strong enough to eliminate the minerals and dirt away. Then, you have to apply the more cleaning products and keep scrubbing and flushing if the stains remain inside the toilet bowl. Warning: You should turn off the fan when flushing your RV toilet. Don’t flush your toilet with the fan on.
- Cleaning the other parts of the toilet: Once the toilet bowl is cleaned, you can then deal with the other parts of your toilet. This will make sure that your entire toilet is evenly cleaned and safe from bacteria. You have to make sure that you mist not just the top but also the bottom of your toilet seat and cover the external parts and base of the bowl. Then, lightly wipe the cleaner away by using a cloth or paper towel.
- Cleaning paddle&the handle: The handle of the toilet must have to be cleaned because you touch it each time when you flush the toilet. This thing could be full of bacteria that will stick to your fingers. So, never forget to spray the cleaner on the handle as well. Many of the RV users use a paddle instead of using a handle that you can use with the help of your feet for flushing the toilet. But, still, you should clean the paddle because this can get dirty easily from the shoes.
Fast RV Toilet Cleaning
For cleaning in this way, you have to follow the following steps-
- Getting all the needed tools: You need to grab all your needed tools for cleaning your toilet fast. Make sure that you have got rubber hand gloves, toilet cleaner, rags for cleaning, a new toothbrush, wipes which is sanitary and toilet brush. You can use vinegar if you want to save your money.
- Wearing rubber hand gloves: This is very essential to wear rubber hand gloves before cleaning your RV toilet.
- Scrubbing your RV toilet bowl: If you want to clean fast, then you have to deal with the bowl first. You should splash dirty water that may go outside of the bowl and you have to prevent it. A toilet brush can scrub away stains and mineral deposits on your toilet faster than other toilet cleaning tools. You may have to apply some more pressure to remove stains. You should apply the toilet cleaner to the water and then dip the brush in it for getting extra cleaning power.
- Cleaning the toilet lids: After cleaning the RV toilet bowl, you can then go for cleaning the major points of toilet like- the bottom and top lids. Use clean cloth or paper towel and toilet cleaners to do a fast and careful cleaning on both sides of the toilet lids. You can use old toothbrush in cleaning spots in the toilet where you cannot reach like- in between the lids and hinges.
- Quick wiping the toilet body: You can give your RV toilet a cleaning shine with a spray bottle. You should mist the outsides of your toilet with a toilet cleaner. You need to wipe over the toilet body with cloth and do not forget to include the toilet handle. You have to begin the process from the highest point of the toilet so the dirty water will drip down. Do not forget to clean those parts which are hard to see such as back part of the tank facing the wall or the base. You can use a used toothbrush to clean such areas perfectly.
- Flushing the RV toilet: Flush the toilet to wash away the dirty water inside the toilet bowl. If you want to flush any toilet tissue that you used for cleaning the toilet then you have to make sure that especially for RV toilets, it is small in amounts to avoid clogging.
You can use this fast toilet method for your RV toilet if you are very busy with your RV activities. For serious stains of your toilet which remain for a long time then you should need to follow the deep cleaning method to get rid of these stains successfully. Warning: You should turn off the fan when flushing your RV toilet. Don’t flush your toilet with the fan on.
We hope that you have found all the valuable information on how to clean the camper toilet through our article. We discussed this information about toilet cleaning with you because if you need to travel with your family or friends a lot then the toilet will get dirty very quickly and have to know how to clean the RV toilet. Besides this, it is very important to have the practice of good personal hygiene when using portable toilets, especially if someone is traveling with members of the family.
We have another article about the best RV toilet- We talk about what to buy & what not to buy.
If you like this post about cleaning RV toilets and have any questions, comments, and suggestions then you can feel free to provide them in the given comments section.